About the role
We have a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to come and explore the majestic and historical Karijini National Park, filled with an abundance of sightseeing experiences immersed in local culture. We are seeking a Registered Nurse, who is willing to commit to helping The Nintirri Centre Inc continue its relationship with IBN members living in remote communities along with your passion for working within our community to provide guidance, support and clinical care services. You will work with a team of dedicated health professionals to improve the physical, mental and emotional health of Tom Price and surrounds.
Duties of this position, include but are not limited to:
- Cervical Screening as well as STI Screening and referral of clients
- Contraception and Reproductive Advice
- Counselling women through their health journeys
- Provide a community primary health care service within the Indigenous communities of Wakathuni, Youngaleena, Bellary and the Indigenous populations of Tom Price and Paraburdoo.
- Promote the health of the IBN community, targeting the specific needs of the community, including but not limited to general population health, schools and young people.
- Be responsible for community development work and encouraging greater IBN community awareness of health issues while identifying areas of unmet needs.
- Maintain and build relationships with stakeholders that will assist in IBN and Nintirri Centre Inc’s service delivery.
About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation located in Tom Price, that employees over 50 staff members and provides a number of core services within Tom Price and the wider Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health and Wellbeing, Community Resource Centre, Event Management of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Hub, Family Domestic Violence Prevention Service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop and our Social Enterprise, The Pickled Bean.
The Nintirri Centre Inc are now looking for a Community and Women’s Health Nurse, who will work alongside our Health Promotions Team, Community Midwife and Health professionals.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A current Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) registration certificate.
- Proven experience in providing community nursing care or a willingness to learn.
- The ability to work autonomously, recognise opportunities and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cultural issues and social determinants particularly relating to Aboriginal Health.
- Knowledge of current best practice and legislative obligations.
- Ability to work with GP’s and other service providers collaboratively.
- A current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check (or be able to obtain these).
- Experience working in rural and remote communities (desirable).
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 p/a.
- Subsidised Housing.
- Work Vehicle + laptop.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications of the successful candidate
Closing Date 5th of November 2021 | Email: HR@nintirri.org.au