About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation that employees 50 staff members and provides a number of services to Tom Price and the wider Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health and Wellbeing, Community Resource Centre, Event Management of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Hub, Family Domestic Violence Prevention service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop & our Social Enterprise, The Pickled Bean.
About the role
The Community Health and Wellbeing team consist of health promotion officers, a Registered Nurse specialising in Womens health and a Midwife providing antenatal and postnatal care. Due to increased clinics, we are now expanding our team to cover peak periods and outreach clinics.
Mental, physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing are key areas of health priorities both locally and nationally. Health professionals have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of men, women and children in their community.
In this role you will bring your passion for working with our community to provide guidance, support and clinical care services. You will work with a team of dedicated health professionals to improve the physical, mental and emotional health of the community.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A current Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) registration certificate.
- Proven experience in providing community nursing care.
- The ability to work autonomously, recognise opportunities and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- An evidence-based approach to care.
- Knowledge of current best practice and legislative obligations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check (or be able to obtain these).
- Experience working in rural and remote communities (desirable).
This is a casual position – 2 days per week.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Closing Date: 11th June 2021