About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation that employees app. 50 staff. We provide a range of services to Tom Price and the wider Inland Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health & Wellbeing, Community Resource Centre, Event Management of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Centre, Family Domestic Violence Prevention Service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop as well as our Social Enterprise, The Pickled Bean.
About the Role
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Family and Domestic Violence Coordinator, providing assistance towards projects in Tom Price and Paraburdoo.
The project officer is an operational role and responsible for assisting with the implementation of programs with an emphasis on raising awareness and building communities.
- Contributing to a range of awareness programs throughout the year such as, 16 days in WA, White Ribbon, LGBTQI.
- Assisting in the planning and running of ongoing, weekly programs such as Funbox, Yarning Groups, Purple Bench.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports, submissions, meeting minutes.
- Administrative duties such as flyer production, social media communications.
- Collaborating and working in partnerships with stakeholders.
- Assist with planning, managing and evaluating projects to prevent and reduce harm.
To be considered you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Capable of working in an environment that requires confidentiality.
- Sound organisational skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of work and excel.
- Ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities respecting traditional cultures and values.
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) – or willing to obtain.
Applications close Friday 9th April 2021