About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation that employees 50 staff members and provides a number of services to Tom Price & the wider Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health & Wellbeing, Community Resource Centre, Event Management of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Hub, Family Domestic Violence Prevention service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop and our Social Enterprise, The Pickled Bean.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative Playgroup Coordinator, who can plan and coordinate our busy sessions where mums, dads, grandparents, caregivers, children, and babies, meet in a relaxed environment with children, choosing from a range of activities set up to meet their varying needs.
Playgroup Coordinator responsibilities:
The Playgroup Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day running of the playgroup sessions to ensure safe, stimulating play and to provide for the needs of children.
This will involve planning, preparing, and delivering play based activities for children aged 0-5 years.
- Short, medium and long term planning for playgroup sessions.
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources.
- Provide safe, stimulation group play to meet the social, linguistic, creative, physical, imaginative, emotional needs of each child.
- Engage and support families, caregivers, and their children so that they can enjoy a safe and supportive playgroup experience.
- Ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be energetic and interested in early childhood development.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check – or willing to obtain.
- Have a satisfactory National Police Clearance – or willing to obtain.
- Have a valid First Aid Certificate and CPR – or willing to obtain.
Closing Date: 12th July 2021| Email: HR@nintirri.org.au