About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation located in Tom Price, that employees over 50 staff members and provides a number of core services within Tom Price and the wider Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health and Wellbeing, Community Resource Centre, Supporting of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Hub, Family Domestic Violence Prevention service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop and our Social Enterprise, The Pickled Bean.
The Little Geckos Child Care Centre is in the heart of Tom Price, open Monday – Friday between 7.30am and 5pm. Our centre will be relocating in early 2023 once the new purpose-built childcare facility is completed. Little Geckos, is now looking for dynamic and enthusiastic team members who are excited about starting a career in Early Childhood education and care, offering multiple opportunities to undertake the below roles.
Traineeships on Offer
- Certificate III Early Years Childhood Education Traineeship
- Diploma Early Years Childhood Education Traineeship (must have completed cert III previously)
About the role
- Study in Early Childhood Care and Education while working on a Full-time basis.
- Reporting to your Room leader, you will assist in the supervision and care of children with the support of our trained Educators.
- Provide support in programming and operations of the centre.
- At the end of your contracted traineeship, you will be qualified to work in childcare and have opportunity to grow into senior positions within the centre.
- Working with children between the ages of infants – 6 years old supporting their learning and development.
- Willingness and commitment to acquire knowledge, and study towards a qualification in Early Childhood Education & Care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and families.
- Organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have effective time management skills.
- Be available to work Monday – Friday
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) – or willing to obtain.
- Current First Aid Certificate – or willing to obtain.
- Double vaccinated against covid-19 + booster when eligible
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 p/a
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.