About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation that employees 50 staff members & provides a number of services to Tom Price & the wider Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health & Well-being, Community Resource Centre, Event Management of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Centre, Family Domestic Violence Prevention service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop & our Social Enterprise The Pickled Bean.
The Nintirri Centre Inc is now looking for a Midwife to join the team on a casual basis through peak periods, annual leave & outreach clinics.
About the role
This is an exciting, challenging and important role in the community. The position works collaboratively with other health service providers to ensure safe and reliable care.
Tom Price has a non-birth hospital, with the nearest service for childbirth in Karratha. The Successful candidate will:
- Provide antenatal and postnatal care and support to women, their babies, partners and families.
- Provide counselling and advice.
- Arrange and provide parenting and health education.
- Help women make their own decisions about the care and services they access.
- Identify high risk pregnancies and make referrals to doctors and other medical specialists.
- Facilitate the timely travel of pregnant women to a birthing hospital.
- Offer support and advice on fertility, miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality, and neonatal death.
- Liaise with other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care.
This is a casual position, which allows flexibility with mining rosters and availability. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. To be considered you will meet the following selection criteria:
- A current Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) registration and midwifery certificate.
- Proven experience in providing care throughout and after pregnancy.
- The ability to work autonomously, recognise opportunities and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have an evidence-based approach to care.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hold or have the ability to hold a current Police Clearance and Working With Children’s Check.
To apply email; HR@nintirri.org.au