About the Organisation
The Nintirri Centre Inc is a not-for-profit community-based organisation located in Tom Price, that employees over 50 staff members and provides a number of core services within Tom Price and the wider Pilbara. These services include Early Years Care & Education, Community Health and Wellbeing, Community Resource Centre, Event Management of the Karijini Experience, Tom Price Arts Hub, Family Domestic Violence Prevention service, Playgroup, Community Op Shop and our Social Enterprise, The Pickled Bean.
The Nintirri Centre Inc are now looking for a Community and Women’s Health Nurse, who will work alongside our Health promotions team, Community Midwife and Health professionals.
About the role
Mental, physical, emotional, and social health and wellbeing are key areas of health priorities both locally and nationally. Health professionals have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of men, women and children in their community.
In this role you will bring your passion for working with our community to provide guidance, support and clinical care services. You will work with a team of dedicated health professionals to improve the physical, mental and emotional health of the community.
Duties of the Community and Womens Health Nurse, include but are not limited to:
- Providing Cervical Screening, sexually transmitted infections screening.
- Providing Contraception and menstrual advice.
- Undertaking Breast examinations and Menopause support.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A current Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) registration certificate
- Proven experience in providing community nursing care.
- The ability to work autonomously, recognise opportunities and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cultural issues and social determinants particularly relating to Aboriginal Health.
- Knowledge of current best practice and legislative obligations.
- Ability to work with GP’s and other service providers collaboratively.
- A current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check (or be able to obtain these)
- Experience working in rural and remote communities (desirable)
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 p/a
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.