About the role
Nintirri Centre Inc is a community based not-for-profit that employs over 50 staff across five core service areas including Early Education and Care, Empowering Communities, Family Violence and Prevention Service, Community Health and Wellbeing and Tom Price Community Resource
Centre. We are now looking for a Community Development Officer to Join our Health & Wellbeing team on a Part-time basis 20 hours per week.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong commitment to quality and
professionalism. Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, implementing health
promotion programs, work directly with communities in Tom Price and surrounds, develop
strong stakeholder relationships, report writing & involvement in business planning processes.
This role is to build and maintain strong external stakeholder relationships directed by funding
level outcomes, by identifying community and organisational led health strategies that encourage community engagement.
- Knowledge of health promotion issues and priorities
- A high level of interpersonal skills for networking, consultation and liaison at all levels, as well as the ability to work autonomously within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of community development
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Advanced written skills including a demonstrated ability to research information and write reports
- A current C class driver’s licence
- Relevant tertiary qualification (desirable)
- Experience in the development and implementation of health prevention programs
- Experience in delivering adult education and public speaking (desirable) and a current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check (or be able to obtain these).